Baoabab Health Trust has Five Directorates namely , Engineering, Finance and Administration, Informatics, Public Health Informatics and Operations.
All Direcrors report to the Executive Director .
Mrs. Martha T. Kwataine is current Executive Director, she was hired in 2016.
A) Directorate of Finance and Administration
Headed by Davie Tembo
This directorate handles all finance, administration and human resource matters.
Key responsibilities :
- Dealing with all transport / travel related requests.
- Procurement of all office related requirements, including office supplies, furniture, consumables, etc.
- Ensure security and safety to all office items, assets and personnel, respectively
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene within the office environment
- Ensure availability of communication systems, including telephones
- Handle all payments of utilities, like rentals, electricity, water, Internet connectivity, etc
- Managing Baobab Health Trust stock, e.g, hardware equipment, office supplies and consumables
- Management of all incoming and outgoing mail and general queries.
Key responsibilities :
- Ensuring compliance to donor requirements and other relevant laws of Malawi, and general accounting policies
- Preparation of accurate financial reports
- Develop, Implement and maintain a high standard financial management and control systems, policies and procedures.
- Managing cash flow
- Prepare and review financial budgets
- Facilitate and coordinate financial auditing
- Management of the payroll, including salaries for all staff
- Processing all Loan and salary advance requests
- Disbursement of all per diems, including accommodation and meals.
- Assisting staff to open accounts with commercial banks
The Human Resources department ensures the organization’s compliance with Employment and other relevant laws.
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Performance management
- Facilitating the Training and Development of staff
- Staff benefits management
- Employment policies and procedures
- Staff grievance and discipline handling
- Terms and Conditions of service
- Leave management
- Job evaluation (grading) and Organization structure management
B) Directorate of Operations
Headed by Chimango Munthali
This directorate is subdivided into two main sections; Operations department, and Deployment and Support department.
Our southern regional office also falls under this directorate.
- Installing hardware in targeted health facilities
- Maintaining hardware for all EMR sites
- Hardware modifications to suit Baobab
- Providing network design, implement and support it.
- Providing office network user support
- Maintaining Internet connectivity for the office
- Ensuring that that there is connectivity to EMR sites
Deployment and Support
- Writing system specifications
- Conducting system/ application testing internally as well as with partners and systems users
- Training system users
- Deploying system and ensuring its functional
- Providing timely support to all EMR sites
- Participating in system reviews with representatives from sites and partners
- Initiating, planning, and coordinating system requirements gathering/technical reconnaissance site visits
- Working closely with Help Desk to ensure that critical issues reported by sites/ users are addressed in time.
C) Directorate of Informatics
Headed by Dr Marlen Chawani
This Directorate is subdivided into two sections: Software Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Creating development time-lines and budgets for development projects
- Designing software architectures and data models
- Designing software modules and features according the specifications
- Development of software using open source tools
- Documenting the software systems
- Creating automated tests
- Maintaining existing software systems by adding features or fixing bugs
- Identifying new innovative technologies for continuous improvement
- Adhering to best practices in software development industry
- Sharing the innovations with the wider technology and health informatics communities
Monitoring and Evaluation
The department is charged with providing baseline studies to inform development of EMRs and to facilitate measurement of impact of e-health implementations. Other roles include:
- Conducting applied research/ Pre-technology investigations
- Data analysis
- Evaluation of electronic medical records
- Impact assessment
- Initiating new business for the organization. This involves meeting with clients/donors, writing concept notes and proposals for submission to donors and partners.
- Undertaking evaluation of all projects delivered and submitting reports to all departments, for learning purposes
- Providing required reports (narrative and/ or financial) internally to all departments and externally to clients/ donors
D) Directortate of Public Health Informatics (PHI)
Headed by Soyapi Mumba
E) Directorate of Engineering
Headed by Alex Gondwe
The directorate leads in hardware and network requirements and road map definition, specification and standard operating procedure development, and execution.
It is also responsible for designing, rolling out and managing the backbone network infrastructure.
This gallery shows some of the pictures taken at Baobab Health offices in Lilongwe. Press on the picture then play gallery